Internet Explorer is unsupported, please use another browser.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a more secure way to ensure logins are done by the account holder by submitting a 6 digit code from an authentication app on your personal device or phone. At TradeZero, we recommend enabling MFA on your account.
How to use MFA with your TradeZero account
- Open your authentication app on your phone or personal device and click add account
- Navigate to the Account Security page in the TradeZero client portal and click "Set up MFA"
- Scan the QR code or enter the key manually on the authentication app
- Enter your password into the TradeZero client portal
- Enter the 6-digit code from the authentication app into the "MFA Token" box on the TradeZero client portal
- If verified, the connection will be made and MFA is enabled on all platforms
Unable to access your phone or authentication app?
If you are able to access a mobile device, you may be able to download and log into your authentication app using the backup password or passcode you set up to gain access to the MFA code needed for sign in. If you do not have access to a mobile device or cannot log into your authentication app and would like to turn off MFA, please call Support: +1-866-995-9585 or mail to [email protected]
- Is the authentication code static or dynamic?
- The 6 digit code is a rolling code on your authentication app. It typically updates every 30 seconds. When logging in, just enter the current code shown on the app.
- Which MFA platforms can I use?
- Major third-party apps will be supported, including Authy, Microsoft Authenticate, and Google Authenticate. It is suggested to use an authentication app that supports recovery of the account by setting up a backup recovery password or passcode. Google Authenticate does not support this as of February 2022.
- Can I recover my account if I lose my phone or do not have access to it?
- In the case that you cannot access your code or phone, you may call Support to clear the connection.
- Will I need to use MFA every time I log in?
- When MFA is enabled, you may opt to remember your device which will only require the MFA code every 30 days.